In our quest to create new and exciting products for the modern, touring musician,
we have introduced several dual output ‘humbucker’ models.
The idea came from the numerous artists we came across who had added electric pickups to their guitars for a dirty tone via a retrofit pickup in the sound hole.
Apart from ruining their rosettes, the placement of that electric pickup isn’t optimal for dirty sounds. Most electric players head to their bridge pickup for this.
As a result, we decided to give those players a correctly placed, fine tuned and more stable dual output guitar.
The Humbucker models come with our patented 3 way acoustic pickup and all it’s usual settings. The added humbucker, with volume and tone knobs of the face are a completely separate output jack that runs ideally to an amplifier or amp simulator for an uncompromised electric guitar sound to blend with, loop or sit under your acoustic tone. We also added a switch on the face to easily switch from acoustic, electric or both together.
The reason for the two outputs is to have the absolute best of both worlds rather than a single output that will compromise both pickups and be limited in it’s ability.
In simple terms, an acoustic guitar should be played through a PA and an electric guitar should be played through an amp.
- All solid timber mini with internally carved top and back.
- Made entirely from sustainably sourced timbers
- Cole Clark 3 way pickup system
- Lollar Imperial Humbucker (Separate output. Tone (series/parallel) and volume on face)
- Finish: Nitrocellulose (natural satin)
- Neck: Queensland Maple
- Top: AA grade Australian Blackwood
- Back/Sides: AA grade Australian Blackwood
- Inlaid timber rosette and binding
- Bridge/Fretboard: She Oak
- Inlays: Snowflake
- Machine Heads: Grover
- Nut/Saddle: Graph Tech Tusq
- Strings: Elixir – Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 13-56
- Nut Width: 45mm
- Radius: 12″
- Scale length: 23.5″
- Left handed version by order. Code LL2E-LH-BLBL-HUM
- Cole Clark heavy duty gig bag – Grey
- Grain may vary